Pests can carry dangerous diseases and bacteria that can endanger you and your loved ones. Depending on the species, they can also do significant damage to your house’s interior structures, to your personal belongings, and to decks, sheds, or other buildings on your property. To prevent this from happening, you need to take immediate action. At Empire Pest Defense, our West Palm Beach pest control experts have a proven successful strategy, which can eliminate pests around your home and keep them from returning in the future.
The First Step In Eliminating Pests
The tropical climate in West Palm Beach acts as a magnet for pests. According to the University of Florida (UFL), there are more than 100 different types of bugs and insects that can be found throughout the state. Those most common in southern Florida include:
- Ants: Ghost and crazy ants can be a nuisance in the home, while fire ants can bite and burrow large trenches throughout yards;
- Bedbugs: These can easily be transmitted into your home by guests or after traveling;
- Fleas: These infest carpets and leave bites on both people and pets;
- Roaches: German, Asian, and American varieties can contaminate food while triggering allergies and breathing problems;
- Spiders: These include several potentially dangerous species, such as the brown recluse and black widows;
- Termites: These can eat their way through wood beams and foundations, jeopardizing your home’s structural safety.
Other common pests include spiraling whiteflies, wasps, carpenter bees, mosquitos, beetles, and mice or rats. Our West Palm Beach pest control specialists can help you take the first important step in eliminating these pests, which is to identify the problem and isolate the source.
Eliminate Pests From Your Home
Homeowners who attempt to deal with pests on their own are usually dismayed to find the problem only gets worse. One of the reasons for this is that they generally are treating only those pests that they see. Unfortunately, there is often a larger colony lurking somewhere out of sight.
At Empire Pest Defense, our West Palm Beach pest control experts take an integrated approach to pest elimination, using a step-by-step approach to safely and effectively eliminate your problem. This includes:
- Locating where pests live, feed, and breed around your home;
- Identifying the exact type of pest you are dealing with;
- Beginning extermination efforts, which may involve the use of baits, traps, repellants, and pesticides;
- Creating barriers to future infestations, such as by eliminating food sources or nesting materials and sealing cracks or gaps that allow pests into your home.
Contact Our West Palm Beach Pest Control Team Today
Pest problems need to be addressed immediately before they can harm you or your family and cause damage to your home. At Empire Pest Defense, we take a strategic approach to eliminating pests, which helps to help prevent them from returning in the future. Call or contact our West Palm Beach office online and schedule an inspection today.