Roaches are a disgusting and dangerous nuisance. They can contaminate food while causing illnesses and diseases. Unfortunately, they enter homes easily and breed quickly. Once you spot one, you likely have an infestation on your hands. Rather than attempting to eliminate the problem with dangerous and ineffective over-the-counter pesticides, call in our West Palm Beach pest control professionals. At Empire Pest Defense, we can help identify where cockroaches are hiding and take the actions needed to eliminate them completely.
Products Used By Professionals to Eliminate Roaches
One of the biggest challenges for homeowners when dealing with roaches is understanding the extent of an infestation and identifying where these creatures are likely hiding. Before applying any products, one of the first things our West Palm Beach pest control team will do is to conduct a thorough home inspection.
Using roach tapes and traps, we can identify the types of cockroaches you have, where they are lurking, and how they are getting into your home. Once we get a better understanding of your roach problem, we can then take the steps needed to eliminate this dangerous nuisance. Products we use include:
- Gel baits: This is applied with a narrow tube or syringe into cracks and crevices in walls, floors, around windows, behind appliances, and other places where roaches are suspected. The baits serve two purposes. They kill individual roaches, who feed on the bait. As these pests have the disgusting habit of eating other dead roaches, a single gel bait can kill multiple pests.
- Roach powder: Boric acid powder is an effective roach killer when sprinkled around baseboards, appliances, and other areas roaches travel. The roaches ingest the powder when they clean their legs and antennae. It can remain in place for a long period, killing many of these pests and providing ongoing roach control.
- Pesticides: As highly trained professionals, our West Palm Beach pest control experts have access to pesticides that are not available to the general public. Relying only on products that are proven safe, effective, and environmentally friendly, we have extensive knowledge regarding how to apply them to obtain maximum results.
What You Can Do To Prevent Roaches
Our West Palm Beach pest control team has the experience and skill needed to apply professional grade pesticides properly. Homeowners, on the other hand, are advised against using these types of products themselves. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reports over-the-counter products have a variety of dangerous effects. Steps you can safely take on your own to prevent roaches include the following:
- Seal cracks in walls and around windows;
- Keep food tightly wrapped and in protective containers;
- Eliminate clutter in and around your home;
- Keep floors and countertops clean.
Contact Our West Palm Beach Pest Control Professionals
Rather than using dangerous and ineffective products in an attempt to eliminate roaches on your own, call in Empire Pest Defense. We rely on professional grade products to safely and efficiently eliminate your roach problem. Call or contact our West Palm Beach pest control experts online and request a free inspection today.