When it comes to spending time outdoors, West Palm Beach is a great place to do that. However, the mosquitoes can turn any outdoor activity into a nightmare pretty quickly. These obnoxious insects are not only annoying but can pass on harmful diseases to people as well. They are among the most popular reasons that professional pest control in West Palm Beach is needed. Keep reading to learn more about these pests and how Empire Pest Defense can help your yard be mosquito-free today!
Mosquitoes Are Much Needed To Maintain Our Ecosystem
While it might be painful to admit, mosquitoes are actually important
to our ecosystem. Implementing prevention strategies to keep them out of your yard is fine, but the greater environment does need them.
Below are some reasons why:
- Biomass: While it may seem like a good idea to just get rid of mosquitoes entirely, we would see thousands of other species of animals die off if we were to do that. Creatures like fish and birds rely on these pests as a food source, so they play an important role in the ecosystem.
- Pollinators: Believe it or not, some species of mosquitoes are pollinators, helping flowers and other plants reproduce and continue to grow, which is extremely important for human survival as well.
We may not be able to remove them from our ecosystem permanently, but we can keep mosquitoes away from our yards.
The History Of Mosquito Control
Home remedies for mosquitoes began long ago.
Below is a quick history of the timeline for mosquito prevention and control:
- In 1867, a farmer realized that kerosene poured in water troughs killed the insects.
- By 1920, a new pesticide came on the scene. It had an oil base with copper acetoarsenite and was used largely down south, particularly in the bayous.
- Eventually, a Swiss scientist developed a new pesticide called Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, or DTT, originally used by the military for mosquito control.
- As time has gone on, we've developed much safer ways to keep mosquitoes away, and your local pest control in West Palm Beach can help you eliminate them safely and effectively,
Why Do Mosquitoes Need Blood To Live?
Male mosquitoes only eat nectar, making them important to our ecosystem as pollinators. When mosquitoes are biting you, it is by the females. They do this because they need the protein from your blood in order to reproduce, which drives them to seek out blood hosts to leech off constantly.
Everything You Should Know About Mosquito Control
If you want to keep mosquitoes away from your home and yard, contact the pros over at Empire Pest Defense! Since 2006, we have been serving West Palm Beach and the surrounding areas, providing high-quality and top-notch pest control services of all kinds. With a deep understanding of how mosquitoes think and act, our expert technicians (armed with advanced tools and treatments that are safe for you, your pets, and the environment) will spray your yard and ensure that this treatment exterminates existing mosquitoes and repels other ones. With a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, we are your best option for local mosquito control. If mosquitoes are ruining your outdoor get-togethers, give us a call today!